The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO) came into force on October 1st 2006 and it replaces almost all existing fire-related legislation.
It is expected that each organisation will have a written Fire Policy, which should include;
- Who will hold responsibility at board level for Fire Safety
- Who will be the ‘Responsible person’ for each of the premises (the person who has overall control, usually the manager)
- The arrangement whereby managers will, where necessary, nominate in writing specific people to carry out particular tasks if there is a fire, and
- The arrangement whereby regional or area managers should monitor and check the individual managers are meeting the requirements of the fire safety law.
Domec can manage your arrangements, including:
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Alarm Testing
- Fire door, smoke ventilation and fire shutters function testing
- Fire extinguisher and blanket testing
- Wet/dry fire suppression systems
- Ductwork fire protection